Tuesday 13 May 2014

Start/stop/restart EMC Networker service on Linux

In case that you want to start/stop/restart EMC Networker service on Linux here is what to do:

1. Start service
#/etc/init.d/networker start

2. Stop service
#/etc/init.d/networker stop

3.Restart service
There is no restart. Use stop+start instead.

IMPORTANT  TIP:
Always, and I mean always be extra careful with restart of networker service because when in hurry you can by accident stop network of your server. In case that you do this and you do not have remote console approach you are basically in BIG trouble.
This has nothing to do with networker service by it self but only with similar names of services in /etc/init.d. 

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this post is from last year, but I wanted to say thank you. I was deploying networker on a CentOS box today and ran into your post looking for help. I just modified it to systemctl start networker instead since I am using CentOS7.